Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Top 5 - Wedding Style

Due to the high volume of weddings we have attended in the last few weeks, I am listing my top 5 wedding drinks. This is different than a drink on a normal night. You have to pick something you want to go the whole night with that will not a) fill you up or b) knock you out. For example, I love to have a Makers on the rocks but there is no way that is what I drink at a wedding reception. I would have to mix it with something. Without further ado, here is my 5.

1. Gin and tonic. Actually, in my ideal world, this drink would be a gin and DIET tonic. I am a gin fan. This will become clear as you go through this list.

2. Gin Gimlet. I actually was just introduced to this. It is lime juice and gin, nothing else. It turns out to be a fantastic drink.

3. Whiskey and diet or bourbon and diet. If I had my choice, it would be Makers and diet but any whiskey or bourbon will do. The only downfall of these drinks is that they can pack a punch you do not see coming.

4. Light beer. In general, I stay away from beer because it fills me up and I want to be moving around on that dance floor! You can never go wrong with beer...well, ever.

5. So-co and diet. I still remember the first time someone showed me this drink. It was 1998 and it was my brother's wedding. Thank you Chuck! It tasted like a cherry coke. The only down fall is that when comsuming for than one or two (or 10), it can become a little sweet.

Cheers!

5 comments:

Mich said...

Pre sobriety:
1. Bud Light - I guess that any light beer would do, but BL is the best
2. Champagne - I love it. It doesn't love me the next morning. Ouch.
3. Gin and Tonic - this dirnk is especially great for those summer weddings
4. Red wine - I am not a good wine drinker. I think I drink it too fast because before I know it I am toast. I still like it though.
5. Jack and Diet - love it, but again, I have no real concept of how much I am drinking....never good.

Post sobriety:
1. Diet Sprite
2. Diet Sprite with lime
3. Water
4. Water with lime
5. Diet coke

LaurenK said...

I don't do all that many different kinds of drinks. I may only have like a top 3...

1. Bud Light (or other light beer)
2. Champagne (not out of a beer bong)
3. Wine - Preferably White Zin.

Back when I was 16, I liked drinking fuzzy navels and amaretto sours, but those are too sweet. I will very occasionally drink a screwdriver. That's about it.

Sue said...

1. Captain and coke: liquor + caffeine = gooood dancing
2. white wine
3. red wine
4. water
5. coke

However, the best way to do it is have a few of each of the above throughout the night!

Jessica said...

Sue is so sensible...
1. Champagne
2. Wine
3. Gin and Tonic
4. Beam & Diet
5. Cosmopolitans

* I love scotch at weddings, but it has almost caused AJN to divorce me at least once.

** During my sober months I hearted Shirley Temples with a fresh lime. Yummm

c_reuter said...

1. Bud Light
2. White Russian
3. Amaretto Stone Sour

That is about all drink alcohol wise anyway. Another idea for Top 5- Guilty pleasures. If you havn't done this already.