Last night's episode was awesome and I have some opinions on what happened. So, the black team is dominating everything right now. It was the perfect time to bring out the 24 hours of leisure reward. See, when a team is winning both challenges and weigh-ins, BL will give 24 hours of pampering to the winner of a challenge. By doing this, they are tempted with bad food, partying, massages, not working out for a whole day. Since the team is getting cocky, they almost always fall into the trap. I mean it is all free too!
Jillian handled everything poorly.
First, yes, these guys ate a lot of bad food, drank, smoked and did not workout. Guess what - it is one day and they were blowing off steam. They work hard and guess what they played hard. For her to sit there and berate them was ridiculous. You know what... The scale at the end of the week will punish them. You don't have to. You should have moved on from it. It is not the end of the world to have a cheat day or cheat meal or to let loose on occasion. Sometimes you need to shake things up. If you follow a diet 90% of the time, you will be successful.
Second, Jillian is a professional trainer. Your job is to train people. You do not have to like them. You get paid to work them out. It is ridiculous that you even started talking about "I either like you or I don't". Well, guess what, even if you don't, you still need to do your job. So what if they like Bob more. That does not give you a reason not to train them for the entire day. I do think Felipe handled his side poorly too but Jillian lost any trust she had by not training him. It is not his job to speak up either. It is her job and I do not care if you like the people or not.
Third, the biggest thing we saw last night was the power of stress on weight loss and your body in general. This was complete glossed over. Your body doesn't know the difference between stress of a bear running at you and you trying to make a deadline at work. The body releases the same things.
Stress releases cortisol into your body. Excess cortisol stimulates glucose production. This excess glucose then typically is converted into fat, ending up as stored fat. Mandi was all stressed all week about going up against Seone at the weigh in. Her body shut down on her, plain and simple. As much as I have issues with Yoga, I really think this is why Bob shows his team this every year. He wants them to have a way to release that stress from their body and give them a way to RELAX.
Of course this is my take on what I saw on a two hour show that was tapped over 168 hours of material.
4 comments:
First of all, you mention that if they follow a diet 90% of the time, it will work. The problem is that the reason they are there is that not only can they not follow a diet 10% of the time, but they are professional excuse makers. They deserved every bit of berating they got. How is it that at NO point did one of them say, "Hey guys, maybe we should at least go for a little run." Tara came closest to making a smart move by getting the fish at 400-some calories.
Second, Felipe was one of my favorites at first, but now he is just a douche. After the weigh in when he didn't lose any weight, he said it was all because of his trainer. Really? You don't want to bring up the 3,000-4,000 calories and the booze from the night before? Idiot.
Take the fact that they ate, boozed and smoked. Now pile on the fact that the lied directly to Jillian's face and I don't think she reacted as badly as she could have. Bob, on the other hand, should have sent Sione and Felipe packing the second they hopped on over. He may have if he knew about the food and booze.
Of course like you said, 2 hours out of thousands of hours of tape isn't really a great indicator.
I hate those fat asshole bith Tongans, and I hope they tear their 4 ACL's and get voted off. Filipe doesn't "trust his trainer"? She's not telling you to eat cookies and watch TV all day. Stop being such a baby and acting like ghetto trash all the time and she might want to be around you. They make Vicky from last season seem nice.
Bob is the real problem, though. Once again, he can't act like the adult when the babies come running to them because mommy was mean (as Jillian put it). Instead, he agrees to train them even though his team is getting killed every week in the weigh-ins. They need all the help they can get! I would be pissed if I was on the blue team since that would be less time for me with Bob. Of course, they don't seem to mind since they are all so fucking stupid anyway.
Yeah, when Ron said that it was "Mandi's turn to go home", I almost fell out of my chair. What the hell does that even mean? You keep getting crushed at the weigh-ins and you send home one of the young ones who can help? I don't blame Ron, since he just wants to stick around. I blame that stupid mother-daughter team that is in an alliance with him. Yeah, cling to the weakest member of your team and you will all be sitting on your asses at home watching the black team in the finals.
To all you Tara haters out there: she's not so bad in comparison to the rest of these unpleasant jerks, is she?
Ron needs to GO - he is a fat waste of space. He contributes NOTHING. Wake up Purple Team!!
I also think Filipe is a big whiner baby...dude, how were the shots, kobe sliders and chicken fingers?? Maybe Jillian didn't work you out, but you didn't help your ass either.
Yeah, Jillian is crazy, but she gets results, and they all knew she would go APESHIT on them for letting loose. Mike didn't go partying or down booze...interesting that he is the lost 8 lbs.
Why do I love this show so damn much?
Ok, did you guys watch again this week? If not, I'll try not to spoil. What is up with the Ron thing?!? I don't get it!!!
Post a Comment