Monday, March 29, 2010

Boston! - Part I

Wow, has it really been 13 days since I last posted???? Well, i have a few posts to talk about with my Boston trip. Wow. What a whirlwind. What a great city. We had a blast.

I will start with Thursday. Thursday, Michelle and I left Chicago at 6 am and were in Boston by 9 am their time. Well, we both went to the PwC office. Michelle first meeting was at 10:30 a few blocks from there. It was good to be in the Boston office. I have a couple good friends there and meet a few more while I was there.

So, Michelle's meetings were done around 4:30. She came back to the PwC office while I wrapped up my work. We then checked into the hotel (which was about two blocks away) and headed back to PwC to pick up a co-worker. We headed to Fenway area to watch baseball games. Another 5 PwC employees and a couple of Michelle's co workers met us.

We went to a bar called Game On. It was huge and a sweet bar. It was right next to Fenway. I was told though to walk into Bleacher Bar because from inside that bar, you can look into Fenway. Well, it was not crowded and I took a quick pic with my blackberry. The night was great. Butler upset Syracuse which was great because the bar was ALLLLL Syracuse.



When we left, we tried to find a cab. I quickly found out that the cabs there do not abide by any light on/light off rule. In Chicago, if a Taxi has his light on, he is looking for a fare. In Boston, light could be on or off. It doesn't matter. That was annoying but in all a great start to a long weekend!

Tomorrow: Freedom Trail meets Bar Crawl meets the Garden!

2 comments:

Mich said...

How many times are we going to hear about those cab lights????

Fubar said...

F Boston. F Fenway. F the Red Sox.