Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bowling Season

Charles Dickens' novel, A Tale of Two Cities starts "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." This could easily explain my bowling season.

As a team, it was easily the best of times. We finished in first place overall. To be honest, it wasn't even close. Going into the last week, we already had it wrapped up. This league is for fun so there is no prize but Fubar had a trophy made to put at the Purple Otter, our sponsor. Personally for me, it was my 2nd time winning this league and 3rd time winning at Diversey. So that was good.

As an individual, it was easily the worst of times for me. I maybe bowled half of the season. My top knuckle on middle finger on my right hand is jammed badly. I had it x-rayed and it is not broken. That is the good news. In any other sport or any other aspect of my life, this finger/knuckle is not affected. Only in bowling where you put the finger tip into a 16lb bowling ball, is where I feel it. Oh well. Michelle was a ringer for us off the bench and played like 5 or 6 weeks.

With bowling done and me declining to play softball this year, I have nothing filling my nights and I have to admit I like being able to not worry about making games on time. Summer is going to consist of a lot of park time and zoo time with Samantha and Michelle.

No comments: