Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Texas Ranger Stadium

A couple weeks ago, I had to travel to Arlington, TX for work.  I was going to be there a few days so I immediately check the Rangers schedule to see if they are playing at home.  Luckily, there were at home and they were playing Baltimore so tickets would be easy to get.  I looked on stubhub and tickets were going for $14 for 15 rows up in right field.  Awesome!

I ended up going to the game and meeting a co-worker (recently moved to Dallas office) and his family.  I was thoroughly impressed with the stadium but before I talk about my time inside, I need to talk about my time outside.  There is a giant spaceship/ enormous building in a parking lot not too far from the stadium.  People tell me that is new Cowboy stadium or Jerry World but I am not sure I believe them.  Texas Rangers stadium holds almost 50,000 and you can easily fit 2-3 ranger stadium inside that building.   I think inside that building a zoo, disney world, football stadium and 4 hotels.  In all honesty, I was blown away by the size of Jerry world.  I would love to see a football game there.

When I went inside the stadium, I was not disappointed.  I really enjoyed my time at Rangers Stadium.  I took a few pictures as you will see below.  A few highlights:

  • They have a huge amount of food selections from sweet potato fries, Chicago style hot dogs, BBQ, to the usual.  A lot of choices.  I split a 'boomstick' with my co-worker's 14-year old son.  That is a 2 foot long chili cheese dog.  It was glorious!
  • The stadium is a shout out to other stadiums.  RF where I was sitting is a tribute to old Tiger stadium.  Very cool.
  • Center field area is a big outside bar area with 4 different bars you can choose from.  
  • PBR tall boys!  Yes please.  Yes, not only was the food selection vast but the beer selection was vast.
  • The Rangers won the game and Beltre hit 2 HRs in the same inning.  Yeah, they are good. 

I was excited outside to check out a new stadium!


It might have been dollar hotdog night but we decided to go after this dog.  It was glorious.

The bar area in center field.  It was a nice open area.

If they serve it, I will find it...

No comments: