Thursday, April 17, 2008

More NBA

A quick comment before I get to the playoffs breakdown. The Celtics had the 'greatest turnaround' in NBA history. Lets not forget that last year they were tanking games at the end of the season in hopes of getting the number one pick. Signing Garnett and Allen was a huge plus with the turnaround but so was tanking games a lot of games.

EAST - Round 1

Celtics beat Hawks 4-0. This will be a joke of a series.
Pistons beat 76ers 4-2. The Pistons get a wake up call in this series.
Magic beat Raptors 4-2. Howard/Bosh matchup....fun!
Cavs beat the Wizards 4-2. No way LeBron lets his team depsite how bad lose in first series.

West - Round 1 - Just wow...this is crazy!

Lakers beat Nuggets 4-1. This is a bad matchup for the Nuggets. With Gasol, the Lakers have not problem running.
Mavs beat Hornets 4-3. As much as I love Paul and he will put up huge numbers in this series, his team will look to him too much because the talent around him is not that good. Dirk is starting to get that look about him again. Look out.
Rockets beat Jazz 4-3. Jazz are awful on the road. Plus I hate Carlos Boozer. Why did you not stay in Cleveland? ARGH! You stabbed a blind man in the back to boot!
Suns beat Spurs 4-3. Actually, I just dont know here. They got Shaq for this purpose. Amare is just awful defensively and always got in trouble trying to play Timmy. I love Duncan and I love Shaq. Who do I root for??????????

I will wait to do round 2 because my guess is that most of my picks are wrong.

Cheers

No comments: