Friday, August 1, 2008

Manny to the Dodgers!

When I first about this move, I was pretty excited about it. The Dodgers desperately need a bat and Manny has that in spades. I too was excited when they signed Andruw Jones...mistake. The more I look at this trade the more it looks like the Pirates and the Red Sox have really made a good trade, the Dodgers not so much.

The Dodgers gave up LaRoche who will be an all-star third baseman in the future for the Pirates. Ned Colletti has created a mess in Dodgertown. With the signings of Pierre and Jones, the outfield has become a disaster. Manny was basically a cover up for the mis-haps of Ned. He is trying to save his job. Why was such a young star like LaRoche expendable? Well, we earlier traded two really good prospects for Casey Blake and now there is a log jam at 3rd. Mistake. Another fear of mine is that Juan Pierre will still be starting in CF. Ethier and Kemp need to be starting out there with Manny. However, Torre is blind sided by Pierre's quickness (he is quick to make an out). He has lead off in 55 of the 56 games Furcal has been injured. Why is our offense bad???

Lastly, Christina Kahrl made an interesting point. If we wanted a good bat in LF, not very good defense, why not pick up Barry Bonds for the rest of the year and not give up anything? I just threw up in mouth...

Fire Ned Colletti.

Happy Birthday to me.

2 comments:

Cletus Van Dam said...

I agree that the Dodgers got the worst of it, but it doesn't mean they got screwed. Flags fly forever, so it's a decent trade for them. They didn't like LaRoche anyway, so they might as well get something for him.

c_reuter said...

Could have been worse. Could have gotten a 38 year old batting .245 that can't play CF anymore.