Wednesday, February 25, 2009

April 17, 2005

That is the day I met John Elway. Elway is the reason I became a Bronco fan as a kid. I love him . Thanks to Murph having his wedding reception out in Rosemont right next to where the Chicago Rush play football, I had the pleasure of meeting Elway. You see Colorado's arena football team was playing Chicago's team and Elway was staying at the same hotel I was (he is part owner of the team). So Sunday morning, I sat in lobby starting at 9 am and talked with friends as they were checking out but mainly I was stalking Elway. Finally, Elway came walking down to the lobby. I was of course in my old school Broncos shirt. I walked over. Shook his hand and thanked him for all the years. He was gracious and probably scared. I then walked away on cloud nine. I will never forget that day.

Why am I telling this story? Well, this article/story blows away my little run-in with Elway. Once again, Elway delivers in a big way!

I am now going to watch some highlights from superbowl XXXIII.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Did Elway just make tear up a bit? Perhaps...

Christie said...

I just cried at work...