Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend

Well, another Thanksgiving, another great year. This year was very different than every other year. In the past, my entire mom's side of the family would get together but this year was a new beginning. We went to my brothers house. When my brother says, there were 13 at the house and food for 3o, he was not kidding.

Here are some notes from Thanksgiving day.
  • Cheryl made her first turkey. It was great. She is a natural.
  • Joey made a cheesecake from scratch. When I was 18, I could make a can of ravioli...sometimes. Consider me impressed.
  • Football was muddy. It was awesome! Muddy fields are so much fun.
  • I missed Euchre. Rock band was fun but playing cards is the best.
  • Samantha had turkey. My mom pureed some of the leftovers. Samantha likes turkey.
  • Michelle's chocolate chip pudding cookies are always good. Always.
  • I always think of a drink for Thanksgiving. This year was red neck lemonade. The first batch was great. The 2nd batch I made a little too strong. Oh well.
So the last few years, the day after Thanksgiving has turned into a golfing day with my dad and usually my uncle pete and one other person. This year was no different. I woke up on Friday not feeling well but decided to go golf anyway. It was low 40s out but no wind and sunny. I didnt golf very well on the front nine but played much better on the back 9. I am looking forward to golfing around Christamas in Florida. I wont need a stocking cap and sweater then! Mike was our fourth and I had a ton of fun golfing.

Friday night or should I say afternoon Michelle and I went to see Blind Side and then to dinner. My parents watched Samantha. Our date was over at 8 pm. I was in bed, drugged up by 8:30...man I am getting old. Blind Side was a really good movie. It is crazy to think that the kid is now rookie in the NFL, a starting lineman on the Ravens. Wow.

Saturday, we headed back into the city and went to an LU game at 3 pm. We met my dad and Jackson at Carmen's before the game for thier 5.95 all you can eat buffet. What can i say? Loyola is awesome and they won by around 40! We had another early night. I was pretty sick.

Sunday was a lot of laying around trying to recover from a stupid cold. It also felt great to do nothing.

All in all, a great Thanksgiving weekend...samantha's first!

1 comment:

ahow628 said...

Is Sam eating a lot of regular people food? Our girls are mostly off baby food. They eat lasagna, chili, pork chops, and pretty much anything else we eat. They had mashed potatoes, stuffing, carrot cake, cauliflower, turkey noodle soup, and green bean casserole for Thanksgiving. Last night at the grocery store they had asiago cheese and loved it.

Get her on the good stuff. Next thing you know, she'll be making TBH runs with you. And then having the TBH runs with you.