Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I am sure my wife is going to have some great pictures and a much better description of the weekend so I will keep my highlights in bullet form.

Friday
- A co-worked from Boston was staying with us that night. We played a bunch of nintendo Wii in the afternoon and saw Indiana Jones that night (more on that later).

Saturday
- Michelle ran the Soldier Field 10 miler. She did awesome! Bryan and I tailgated the run by drinking mimosas. It was awesome. We even walked right into soldier field with our drinks in hand. Also, they were serving beer and food in the stadium...great run to watch.
- Phelan's cottage in Michigan is always fun. Too bad Michelle slipped on some stairs and SEVERLY sprained her ankle. No good!
- Golf was fun. i did so much better on the front nine than the back....argh!

Sunday
-Big E's wedding was great. It was my first outdoor wedding. The place was beautiful. I can see why they chose it. The place was on McDonald University campus.
-At 11:45 pm, two McDonald employees walked into the reception with giant trays of cheeseburgers. GREATEST IDEA EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had three...
- Michelle was a trooper sticking through it all despite her ankle.
Monday
- Spent most of the day on the couch watching TV and relaxing. Great day to do that. It was also good for Michelle to get much needed rest and ice for the damn ankle.

Also, a special shout out goes to UT for letting us borrow the BMW M5 for the weekend. More on that later as well.

1 comment:

c_reuter said...

Indy was OK. Not great. Not deserving of the Jones franchise in my book.