Monday, February 2, 2009

Another Bronco gets SCREWED!

So, Shannon Sharpe was up for the hall of fame this year. He is 2nd in every TE category career-wise. He won three super bowls in a row. He is one of the greatest tight ends ever. But as usual, Broncos are not allowed in the Hall of Fame despite their 6 superbowl appearances and 2 wins. I personally never want to go back to Canton. F them.

Aaron Schatz from Football Outsiders really did nail it.

"I've been offline all day and just saw this news. Can somebody honestly tell me with a straight face that Shannon Sharpe is not a Hall of Famer? Shannon Sharpe was one of the two best tight ends in the NFL for a decade. He is second all-time among tight ends in pretty much every statistic, behind only Tony Gonzalez. You want a winner? The dude has three rings. It's hard to look at Terrell Davis' stats and say "wow, clearly this was a guy whose tight end sucked at blocking." Oh, and did we mention that Denver is the most under-represented franchise in the Hall of Fame? What, did they decide that talking with marbles in your mouth now disqualifies you from Canton? What the hell?"

Well said Mr. Schatz. Well said.

2 comments:

c_reuter said...

Another snub- Cris Carter. All he did was catch touchdowns. It is a joke that Sharpe is out as well. It gets worse. Next year Rice, Emmitt, and Tim Brown are up for induction. What are the odds C.C. and Sharpe will get screwed again?

ahow628 said...

I'm going to disagree with Aaron Schatz and say that I think Shannon Sharpe SHOULD be in the announcer hall of fame. Why else would I even tune in to CBS's football coverage?

Oh yeah, and the tight-end, hall of fame thing too.